Malfunctioning Clothes Dryer Causes Franconia Townhouse Fire

On Tuesday, March 28, at approximately 7:07 p.m., units were dispatched for a report of a townhouse fire in the 6400 block of in the Franconia section of Fairfax County. 

Upon arrival, units found a three-story, end unit townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the kitchen area of the home. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries.

There was no one home at the time of the fire. A neighbor called 911 after hearing a smoke alarm sounding and observing fire and smoke coming from the townhouse.

Fire Investigators determined that the fire originated within the laundry area of the kitchen. The fire was accidental in nature and was caused by a malfunctioning clothes dryer.

Two adults and three children were displaced as a result of the fire. Red Cross assistance was offered but declined. 

Damages as a result of the fire were estimated to be approximately $93,750.

(Press Release from Fairfax County Fire & Rescue)

Location (Map)

Fleetside Ct, Franconia, VA 22310, USA
Arthur L. Ricks, L0073, Saint Louis, MO
Chris L. Foster, L3663, Demopolis, AL

Related Posts