Working Smoke Alarms Alert Family To Centreville Townhouse Fire


On Thursday, March 30, at approximately 4:23 a.m., units were dispatched for a fire in a townhouse in the 6900 block of Compton Valley Court in the Centreville section of Fairfax County. Upon arrival, units found a three-story, middle of the row townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window in the rear of the home. The fire appeared to be rapidly spreading to the attic. Fir...
Continue reading

Malfunctioning Clothes Dryer Causes Franconia Townhouse Fire


On Tuesday, March 28, at approximately 7:07 p.m., units were dispatched for a report of a townhouse fire in the 6400 block of in the Franconia section of Fairfax County.  Upon arrival, units found a three-story, end unit townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the kitchen area of the home. There were no firefigh...
Continue reading

Serious Flaw in NEST Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Serious Flaw in NEST Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
b2ap3_thumbnail_Nest-Smoke-Alarm.jpg
Nest Labs has halted sales of its smoke and carbon monoxide detectors over company and customer concerns that users could unintentionally disable the device by waving their hands in front of it. One of the most praised features from reviewers is that you could disable the alarm with a simple wave for those instances where you burnt toast or allowed your husband to cook dinner. The issue ...
Continue reading

Early Morning West Annandale Vehicle Fire Caused by Molotov Cocktail Device

Early Morning West Annandale Vehicle Fire Caused by Molotov Cocktail Device
b2ap3_thumbnail_frd-general-blog-post.jpg
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a vehicle fire Friday, January 10, 2014, at approximately 1:35 a.m., in the West Annandale area of Fairfax County. The vehicle was located at 9202 Ashmeade Drive. Firefighters encountered a fully involved vehicle on fire in a driveway upon arrival. Firefighters conducted a rapid fire attack and extinguished the fire to a Honda Odyssey va...
Continue reading

Match Discarded Into Trash Causes Lorton Townhouse Fire

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a townhouse fire, Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at approximately 9:10 a.m., in the Lorton area of Fairfax County. The single-family home is located at 8584 Enochs Drive. Firefighters encountered smoke coming from two floors of the three-story, middle unit townhouse upon arrival. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and quickly ex...
Continue reading

Falls Church Nail Salon Fire Accidental

Falls Church Nail Salon Fire Accidental
b2ap3_thumbnail_fairfax-fire-nail-salon.jpg
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a commercial building fire, Friday, January 3, 2014, at approximately 3:10 p.m., in the Falls Church area of Fairfax County. The building, Skyline Nail Supply, is located at 7234 Arlington Boulevard. Firefighters encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the store, an end unit located in a strip shopping center upon arriva...
Continue reading

Weekend Fire Claims Storage Building at Madeira School


Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a structure fire Sunday, January 5, 2014, at approximately 4:05 p.m., in the McLean area of Fairfax County. The maintenance and storage building is on the grounds of the Madeira School, 8328 Georgetown Pike. Firefighters encountered a building approximately 75 by 75 feet fully involved with fire upon arrival. Firefighters fought the fire...
Continue reading

Pet Masks Used At McLean House Fire

Pet Masks Used At McLean House Fire

A house fire was dispatched at approximately 12:30 p.m. earlier today with units responding from both Fairfax County and Arlington County. The fire in the 1900 block of Westmoreland Street was extinguished within minutes according to Fairfax County Fire Department spokesman Capt. William Moreland.   One elderly woman was rescued from the home and transported to the hospital with non-life-thre...
Continue reading

Upcoming Events

View All Events