Match Discarded Into Trash Causes Lorton Townhouse Fire

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a townhouse fire, Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at approximately 9:10 a.m., in the Lorton area of Fairfax County. The single-family home is located at 8584 Enochs Drive.

Firefighters encountered smoke coming from two floors of the three-story, middle unit townhouse upon arrival. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and quickly extinguished the fire. Firefighters performed extensive overhaul and salvage operations in the living room area. The single occupant escaped the home unharmed. The displaced occupant is being assisted by the Red Cross. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $60,000.

According fire investigators, the fire was accidental. A match improperly discarded into a waste receptacle caused the fire.

Location (Map)

8584 Enochs Drive, Lorton, VA 22079, USA
NEVER FORGET: 10 January 1968, Fairfax County Fire...
Falls Church Nail Salon Fire Accidental

Related Posts

 

Upcoming Events

View All Events