Working Smoke Alarms Alert Family To Centreville Townhouse Fire


On Thursday, March 30, at approximately 4:23 a.m., units were dispatched for a fire in a townhouse in the 6900 block of Compton Valley Court in the Centreville section of Fairfax County. Upon arrival, units found a three-story, middle of the row townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window in the rear of the home. The fire appeared to be rapidly spreading to the attic. Fir...
Continue reading

Malfunctioning Clothes Dryer Causes Franconia Townhouse Fire


On Tuesday, March 28, at approximately 7:07 p.m., units were dispatched for a report of a townhouse fire in the 6400 block of in the Franconia section of Fairfax County.  Upon arrival, units found a three-story, end unit townhouse with fire and smoke showing from a second floor window. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the kitchen area of the home. There were no firefigh...
Continue reading

Early Morning West Annandale Vehicle Fire Caused by Molotov Cocktail Device

Early Morning West Annandale Vehicle Fire Caused by Molotov Cocktail Device
b2ap3_thumbnail_frd-general-blog-post.jpg
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a vehicle fire Friday, January 10, 2014, at approximately 1:35 a.m., in the West Annandale area of Fairfax County. The vehicle was located at 9202 Ashmeade Drive. Firefighters encountered a fully involved vehicle on fire in a driveway upon arrival. Firefighters conducted a rapid fire attack and extinguished the fire to a Honda Odyssey va...
Continue reading

Upcoming Events

View All Events