- As Co-Chair of Local 2068’s Legislative Committee we held a meeting of the members to apprise them of upcoming VPFF Legislation that will be presented before the 2017 Virginia General Assembly. During this meeting I also informed the members of the current status of legislation that will be on the November 8th, 2016 Election Ballot.
- As an elected delegate I attended the 53rd Convention of the I.A.F.F. in Las Vegas, NV.
- During the month of August I assisted in having Women members of Local 2068 attend Congresswoman Barbara Comstock’s event of Women in Public Safety meeting held at the McLean Community Center. I would like to express my thanks to members Kristi Bartlett, and Katie Buist for attending this meeting, and also speaking before the group.
- During the month of August I have been in contact with Delegate Tim Hugo of the Virginia House of Delegates to keep him informed as to upcoming legislation to be brought before the 2017 Virginia General Assembly. He also expressed his need to hold a meeting with the new President of the VPFF and members to discuss how the legislation can achieve successful passage.
- I presented before the President of the Fairfax County Retired Firefighters Association the current status of the Uniformed Retirement System for the months of June, and July 2016.
- I did assist one member with a question in reference to the Uniformed Retirement System.
- Currently I am working on having Congresswoman Comstock visit locations during the upcoming MDA Fill The Boot Campaign.
More Articles By This Author