Submitted by Battalion Director Tom Simcoe
- I am pleased to report that House Bill 1884 in the Virginia General Assembly has been signed by the Governor. The Constitutional Amendment relating to Tax Relief for the spouses of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice is now part of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Made a Station visit to 426-C with the members of Local 2068 to answer questions, and concerns.
- I have been assisting 2 members of the 5th Battalion with issues.
- During the month of February I made several visits to the Virginia General Assembly to lobby on behalf of Local 2068 on numerous legislative issues relating to Firefighter, and Paramedic issues.
- I have been making Congressional appointments for the upcoming I.A.F.F. Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. on March 6th, and 7th.
- I attended the February Executive Board meeting of Local 2068.
More Articles By This Author