Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a structure fire Sunday, January 5, 2014, at approximately 4:05 p.m., in the McLean area of Fairfax County. The maintenance and storage building is on the grounds of the Madeira School, 8328 Georgetown Pike.
Firefighters encountered a building approximately 75 by 75 feet fully involved with fire upon arrival. Firefighters fought the fire from a defensive mode and brought the fire under control in approximately 40 minutes. Firefighters used water to keep nearby propane and diesel tanks from exploding. The building is located near the tennis courts and not attached to the school. There were no injuries.
The building is a total loss.
The fire is under investigation.
(Press Release from Fairfax County Fire & Rescue)